The ATCA Tester is a part of the family of conformance test suites from Polaris Networks, for testing PICMG specifications for open architecture in telecom. This tester is based on PICMG 3.0 Rev 3.0 ATCA base specification and the CP-TA ICD (Interoperability Compliance Document) and TPM (Test Procedure Manual) v 3.0.
The Tester is designed for Hardware Manufacturers, System Integrators and Telecom Equipment Manufacturers. This automated tester helps in considerably reducing the time and resources spent on ATCA, AMC and HPM testing during the development and qualification of building-blocks or during system integration.
The ATCA Tester tests ATCA building blocks, such as Shelf Manager, FRUs, Carrier boards, mezzanine cards for compliance with the specification PICMG 3.0 Rev 3.0.
The ATCA Tester implements test cases to support the E-Keying extensions (40G Ethernet E-Keying) based on the final draft of PICMG 3.1 R 2.0 specification.
The Tester also helps to ensure that ATCA systems meet the compliance and certification requirements of CP-TA's ATCA certification program. It can be used for QA & Regression testing as well.
- Reduces the time spent on ATCA testing, thereby telecom vendors can achieve a faster time-to-market.
- Increases the interoperability of ATCA building-blocks.
- Provides detailed test results with complete decode of API function calls.
- Test scripts can be modified and new test scripts may be created.
- Allows different types of management controllers to be tested.
- Tests can be scheduled for a desired number of iterations and even for future execution.
- Provides interactive monitoring of the DUT (ATCA shelf) for observing the information of IPMCs including sensors, FRU, e-keying and more, using the TCA Explorer tool.
- Problems can be reproduced at a later stage by using FRU Dump and SDR Dump tools.
- Windows-based GUI for easy operation.
- More than 395 Test scenarios based on
- CP-TA ICD and TPM v 3.0
- ATCA Interoperability Workshops scenarios
- PICMG 3.0 Rev 3.0
- IPMI 1.5
- PICMG 3.1 R 2.0 specification Draft 70
- Test scripts are available in source code form and are fully editable.
- Complete Decode of IPMI/RMCP packets sent or received during the test execution.
- Test Categories
- IPMC Tests
- FRU Tests
- Shelf Tests
- Network Tests
- HPM Tests
- Tools included
- TCA Explorer
- FRU Dump
- SDR Dump